BSSC members came together mid-October for a night of celebration at their annual Club Championships Awards. The 2019 Club Championships provided four nights of superb swimming – competition was fierce for age group titles in 32 events and the four fun nights resulted in countless personal bests and many qualification times for the 2020 Hertfordshire County Championships.
This year, 102 swimmers won trophies & medals (thanks again to Linda, Lorinda and their team for organising them all!), and the night was hosted by Bryn Couser, ably assisted by Callums D & H, Sarah Carroll & Millie Fields.
- Best International Swimmer cup: Medhi El Mansar, for his achievements representing Morocco in the 14th Arab Junior Swimming Championships.
- Boy’s Endeavour cup: Beau Reilly, for his great attitude to swimming and friendship within his squad.
- Girl’s Endeavour Cup: Mia Carter, who overcame a serious injury during the season and still won a Silver medal at the Swim England Summer Championships. The award was accepted on her behalf by her brother Sam.
- Most Improved Girl: Grace Mason, for taking a huge 45 seconds off her 200m Fly, becoming 6th in the region and 1st in Hertfordshire.
- Achievement Cup (new for 2019): Eleanor Mason, for being the National Youth (U17) and National Junior (U20) Aquathlon Champion and winning a Silver medal in the European Aquathlon Championships and 5th at the World Aquathlon Champs as part of the GBR team.
- Kenville Jackson Sportmanship Award: Bryn Couser, not just for exceptional performance that culminated in a Silver (50m Breast) and Bronze (100 Breast) at the Swim England Summer Meet, but for being a great team player with good attitude, great team spirit and being a positive role model.
Congratulations to all our medal and trophy winners, and our new 2019/20 BSSC Club Captains (Bryn Couser & Sarah Carroll), and thanks to everyone who helped on the night.
Full results from Club Championships.
You can find DQ codes on page 29
Qualifying window to achieve your times for 2020 County Championships is 1st June – 8th December 2019 at any level licensed meet.
Age as at 31st December 2020
Technical Swimming Suits are banned from the 2020 County Championships for the following age groups – 10/11 year old and 12 year old male and female.
You are invited to attend a public exhibition to view a display of the current proposals for the development of a new leisure centre to replace the current Grange Paddocks Leisure Centre. The proposals include:
– An 8 lane 25m competition pool, 20m training pool and shallow confidence water including features, with associated changing facilities
– Extensive fitness facilities with 2 studios and a 140 station fitness suite.
– A café facility that will be accessible to both park and centre users
– Designated changing rooms for pitch users
– A new all-weather 3G floodlit pitch
This scheme is part of a proposal to improve leisure facilities within East Herts and creates the opportunity to provide facilities that meet both the changing needs of leisure users and the growing demand for facilities.
The proposals will be exhibited at Launchpad, Charringtons House, Bishop’s Stortford on the following dates:
– Tuesday 11th June 2019, 3pm-8pm
– Friday 14th June 2019, 3pm-7pm
– Saturday 15th June 2019, 10am-4pm
If you are unable to attend the exhibition, a copy of the information presented will available to view on the council