BSSC members came together mid-October for a night of celebration at their annual Club Championships Awards. The 2019 Club Championships provided four nights of superb swimming – competition was fierce for age group titles in 32 events and the four fun nights resulted in countless personal bests and many qualification times for the 2020 Hertfordshire County Championships.
This year, 102 swimmers won trophies & medals (thanks again to Linda, Lorinda and their team for organising them all!), and the night was hosted by Bryn Couser, ably assisted by Callums D & H, Sarah Carroll & Millie Fields.
- Best International Swimmer cup: Medhi El Mansar, for his achievements representing Morocco in the 14th Arab Junior Swimming Championships.
- Boy’s Endeavour cup: Beau Reilly, for his great attitude to swimming and friendship within his squad.
- Girl’s Endeavour Cup: Mia Carter, who overcame a serious injury during the season and still won a Silver medal at the Swim England Summer Championships. The award was accepted on her behalf by her brother Sam.
- Most Improved Girl: Grace Mason, for taking a huge 45 seconds off her 200m Fly, becoming 6th in the region and 1st in Hertfordshire.
- Achievement Cup (new for 2019): Eleanor Mason, for being the National Youth (U17) and National Junior (U20) Aquathlon Champion and winning a Silver medal in the European Aquathlon Championships and 5th at the World Aquathlon Champs as part of the GBR team.
- Kenville Jackson Sportmanship Award: Bryn Couser, not just for exceptional performance that culminated in a Silver (50m Breast) and Bronze (100 Breast) at the Swim England Summer Meet, but for being a great team player with good attitude, great team spirit and being a positive role model.
Congratulations to all our medal and trophy winners, and our new 2019/20 BSSC Club Captains (Bryn Couser & Sarah Carroll), and thanks to everyone who helped on the night.