- Payment is due one week before the end of the current course, and final payment must be with the Treasurer by the last date of the current course
- Existing swimmers will be given priority for spaces on the next course as long as payment is received on time
- Class times cannot be guaranteed in order to allow for the ongoing progression of all swimmers. Therefore it may not be possible to ensure the same place and time each course.
- Any places not paid for by the due date will be released to the waiting list.
- Payment should be accompanied by the renewal slip, payments can be made by Bank Transfer, Debit or Credit Card or by cheque made payable to ‘BSSC’.
- We prefer not to accept cash payments, but will do so in special circumstances in person only.
- On the rare occasions when cheques do not clear, banks charge us a fee. We shall pass this fee on to you, and we shall require payment within seven days of notification.
- Lessons cancelled prior to the start of the course will be subject to a £15.00 administration fee per swimmer.
- Lessons cancelled after the start of the course will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be given for lessons missed unless cancelled by BSSC.
Assessments and feedback
- Each swimmer will be assessed for distance and stage testing each term.
- We operate an ongoing assessment system.
- Children might not receive a badge every term. Each child progresses at a different rate.
- Each stage of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework has a large syllabus to cover, with swimming technique to learn and many skills to master. It is not unusual for each stage to take several terms to complete.
- Movement from stage to stage will be made at the end of each course of lessons on completion of all parts of the syllabus.
- If you would like to discuss your child’s development at any point throughout the term, please see one of the Swim School Administrators in the office during Sunday swimming hours, or call the dedicated swim line 07803 329802.